Arriving in the UK
Overseas Expat Arriving in the UK
Global mobility is a growing trend in today’s international business environment; both employers and employees are seeking opportunities in overseas locations. PetersonSims has years of experience advising expats arriving in the UK on their UK tax status.
We can advise on :
- UK tax residence and domicile status
- planning for arrival in the UK and registering for self assessment
- payroll services including modified PAYE for expat employees
- remittance planning for non-domiciled individuals resident in the UK; planning is most effective if done before you arrive
- taxation of income and capital gains
- inheritance tax rules on UK and overseas assets
- landlords renting out properties
- preparation of annual tax returns and filing with HMRC
If you are coming to the UK to work for a limited period, there are opportunities to structure your salary package. PetersonSims can advise on how best to maximise the tax reliefs for travel & subsistence expenses.
If you are from within the European Union or from other countries that have a Reciprocal Social Security Agreement with the UK, PetersonSims will determine whether you can obtain exemption from UK National Insurance.
UK +44 (0)208 068 1400
Overseas Expat Arriving in UK Updates
We are delighted to announce that Fiona Mitchell, Senior Expatriate Tax Manager, has joined our UK-based [...]