with Expat Employees
UK Employer with Expat Employees
More and more employers are sending their employees to work overseas and as a result they face the challenge of domestic and global compliance. Whether you have just one employee or many, the obligations remain the same.
PetersonSims understands the challenges faced by both employer and employee and we’ve brought together a network of international tax specialist to work alongside our own expat team, to ensure compliance both domestically and globally.
Employers need to control costs in relation to overseas assignments, particularly with regards to social security and payment of tax on expat allowances and benefits.
We can advise on all aspects of assignment planning including :
- drafting expat relocation policies and tax equalisation policies
- advising on social security mitigation
- advising on the initial structure of overseas assignments to maximise tax reliefs for travel and subsistence expenditure
- obtain certificates of coverage within the UK social security scheme
- providing payroll for UK employers needing a payroll service overseas
- advising on UK tax issues and the Remittance Basis Charge for non-domiciled employees
- modified payroll and National Insurance management
- direct payment payroll for overseas employers with UK employees
- hypothetical tax calculations and reconciliations
- preparing UK tax returns for your expat employees
We can run a “ghost” payroll for employees assigned abroad, accounting for UK National Insurance. For a fixed fee we ensure you remain compliant in respect of your UK employees seconded overseas.
UK +44 (0)208 068 1400