Vacancy for a French Speaking Expatriate Tax Assistant based in Letchworth Garden City, UK
PetersonSims is a firm of UK Chartered Accountants with offices in the UK and France. We specialise in advising individuals and corporate clients with cross-jurisdictional tax issues. We are a leading independent firm in the field of expatriate taxation and, in partnership with our extensive network of Global Partners, offer our clients advisory and compliance services around the globe.
We are looking to add to our team based in the UK office in Letchworth Garden City, offering an exciting opportunity to work with clients both in the UK and in France. We seek an individual who is versatile and able to work well in a small team and who can demonstrate the potential to develop into an expatriate tax specialist. We will offer the opportunity to study for the ATT (Association of Taxation Technicians) professional tax exams to gain a valuable and recognised tax qualification.
The firm is based on an ethos of a happy, motivated team and so we offer an environment in which we are prepared to invest in the right candidate to ensure they succeed in their examinations and in their career aspirations. We apply a blended approach to training and development with the emphasis on 1:1 training for technical and soft skills.
Initially the successful candidate will deal with office tax administration matters and routine tax compliance and gradually advance to providing basic advisory services and be given the opportunity to shadow more senior members of the team on calls/at meetings. With experience there would be increasing exposure to clients and, eventually, the opportunity to manage a client portfolio.
The core competencies of this role include:
- Focus on delivering high quality work with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Ensuring professional standards are met
- Ability to demonstrate strong team player skills in all client and internal dealings
- Developing professional relationships with clients, Global Partners and within the firm
- Providing an efficient and proactive service to clients and the wider team to ensure that our clients’ needs are fully met
- Undertaking any training or development in a committed and earnest manner
- Willing and open to take on tasks and challenges as detailed by the management team
Candidates must have the following (or international equivalent):
- Minimum 2.1 (Hons) Degree (or equivalent)
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C (preferably including French)
- 5 GCSE including Maths & English
There is no requirement for any prior experience in Tax
Annual salary from £18,000 – £22,000 (depending upon experience / educational qualifications) plus ATT study package, study leave and a contributory pension scheme.
Please apply directly with your CV to Oliver Dupuy at email@example.com