overseas employer

If you intend seconding any employees to the UK, it is vital that you know whether your company has  a legal obligation to withhold and pay over to HMRC any income tax  or social security contributions (National Insurance Contributions- NIC) for your UK employees.

There are a number of factors which must be analysed to determine if you are required to register with HMRC and apply the statutory deductions from gross salary.  We can review your corporate situation and then advise you on your obligations.

If you are required to operate a UK payroll, our in-house payroll department can manage this aspect of compliance for you and deal with the Real Time Information change which applies to all employers in the UK from 2013.

There are many tax planning opportunities when assigning your employees to the UK, especially if the employee is regarded as not domiciled in UK.  If there are substantial tax savings for your employees, this can translate to tax savings for you, too. 

To be most effective, it is preferable if we can establish the status before your employee arrives in the UK but even if this has already happened, we can still propose some planning which would be cost effective.